Oh, by the way, I'm posting the last existent story in Calling the Doctor today. Don't worry, there will be more. I do plan to write stories for each of the Doctors. I just don't know yet how to write them.
Just recently, I got myself onto deviantArt to post fics, mostly because I encountered a writer on ffnet who I'm just really impressed with, who's really active on dA. Want to read some great fiction by a prolific author (a little DW, but mostly original fic and Transformers)? Check out JZLobo.
29. What is your current project or projects?
Ah. How to answer this question without telling everyone about the ideas I have? I have tons of half-written fics and outlines of ideas, not to mention idea scraps that haven't been outlined yet. Here the ones that I am either working on or most likely to work on within the next month.
- The next installment of Calling the Doctor. I got the idea for it yesterday. It's about time I returned to this collection.
- The next installment of A Teacher and a Housemaid. I had completely forgotten about the idea for this next story, but luckily, I came across the research I had done for it a couple of days ago.
- My big chaptered fic that I started back in December. It's an exploration of how an OC is affected by her encounters with the Doctor. I'm not saying more about it because it's very experimental and I'm very protective about the core idea.
- My first non-DW fic! Watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, an off-hand comment by one of the characters sparked an idea in my head. This would probably be in position #2 in this list except it requires me to reread some parts of HP5, but I normally don't have time to do anything except obsess about DW. ;)
- A Tenth Doctor/Donna adventure set during the Regency. I keep writing a few chapters of this, then changing it around and rewriting. I think I'm on the third complete rewrite of this. But I couldn't resist plopping Donna down in the middle of the English gentry.
- A Time War short story. A bit outside of my comfort zone.
- A rewrite of Black Orchid to make it a real mystery story.
- One of my stories in A Teacher and a Housemaid has John Smith wondering if he could write down his dreams as novels. I want to take one of the DW episodes and adapt it as a novel in the style of H. G. Wells or Edgar Rice Burroughs, saying that it's the novel that John wrote.
I'm also working on the outline of the story I want to write for NaNoWriMo. The biggest problem with it is that I don't think it's actually long enough to make 50k words. Either I need to pad the work with more action, or learn to write better (longer) descriptions.