The only person I've "collaborated" with is my husband. Sometimes he comes up with ideas that I create a story with. Other times, I'll tell him about a difficulty I'm having with a story and he'll suggest solutions. He doesn't do any writing himself, so the collaboration ends there; we don't write together on the same piece or anything like that. Here a few of the things that he's contributed to my stories:
- "The Message": He suggested that the Doctors sent the message to start the calculations for trapping Gallifrey in an instant of time through the Untempered Schism. This was such a beautiful idea, it's my headcanon for the event.
- "The Dawn of the Doctor": He was sorely disappointed that the War Doctor didn't get a full regeneration scene in "The Day of the Doctor," and wanted to know how he got from there to the beginning of "Rose."
- "Mistaken Identity": He suggested the idea of a DW/HP crossover. I'm not sure which of us came up with the idea of centering the story around the Doctor looking like Barty Crouch, Jr., but it was probably him. He helped me plot out the final scenes (but the screwdriver thing was my idea!).
- "A Splendid Day": He loves Donna and wanted to know how she and the Doctor spent the day in London.
- "The Actor": By the time I told him about writing this (I was embarrassed to be writing an RPF about David Tennant, so I hid it for a while), I had the general outline and five chapters written, but I was having difficulties with some of the details. In specific, I had no idea how to do the third adventure, in which I wanted David to have to make an impossible decision, choosing between the deaths of two different people. My husband was the one who came up with the perfect scenario, and without it, that part of it would have fallen flat. He also came up with the idea of using Daleks in the fourth adventure, something I had wanted to avoid (Daleks are a bit clicheé nowadays) but was perfect for what had to happen. He detailed what the Dalek wanted and how it got there, and I came up with how the Doctor and David defeated it.